Friday, September 20, 2013

Das Wörterbuch

I hate registering. I had never signed up for a blog before, but I already feel I hate it. I hate it when bloggers moan, too. Most of all I hate it when they hate something, and even more when they hate aloud.

Pity I can't write in German. It seems suitable for sad things.
You know, I always wanted to know this language. I even bought a book one time. You know, this tiny one, for complete beginners. About German. Some kind of dictionary. I used to go to book stores quite a lot in those days.

Most of all I liked the atmosphere there. It was not as cold and dark as outside, in the ever-saddening autumn. I was always fond of books. I wanted to have a library in my house, to make one spacious room a library. A library full of good books, good read books.
I've bought an e-book since then, and my dreams of library somehow vanished away.
That book about German is on the shelf now. I once read it a bit and put it there. Of course I hadn't learnt anything. I thought about starting anew many times, but never did.

A friend of mine saw it once and bought herself the same. She learnt that language at school, so I wondered why she'd need it. But she asked me to get her to that book store and show her where it is. And she bought it, and she was very fond of it.

And so it sits on her shelf as well.
Not opened once.

No comments:

Post a Comment